Join Our Team! Full Time Maintenance
Park and Maintenance – Full Time
The Park Maintenance Staff will be responsible for the for the daily operations of the Orchards Residents Association (ORA) facilities, grounds, and amenities, and other areas under the umbrella of the ORA.
The ORA is a not-for-profit corporation whose purpose is to manage, maintain, and operate the ORA amenities. The ORA owns, operates, and maintains a 5-acre park that features a splash park, picnic area, pleasure skating rink, hockey rink, skate change area, and maintenance shop/ office. This park is exclusively for the residents of the Orchards community and is open since November 2014. The facility is 12,000 square foot recreational facility that will include flex rooms, skate change room, kitchen and offices.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Lead Hand will be responsible for the following:
• Providing exceptional customer service
• Complete Administrative tasks as directed
• Maintaining accurate, detailed logs & Reports
Operations and Maintenance Functions:
• Installing, operating, and maintaining amenities, including outdoor recreational ice surface and water splash park
• Maintaining exceptional landscape maintenance
• General horticultural practices and snow removal, ensuring that all sidewalks, trails and parks including the parking lot are clear
• Mowing, weeding, watering and general turf maintenance of all ORA Property including emptying garbage cans
• Enforcing rules and regulations of the park and amenities
• Providing customer driven, service oriented, clean, safe, and well maintained park
• Ensure park, play structures and all other equipment are always clean and in good repair
• Routine scheduled equipment maintenance
• Report/ repair damaged or vandalized property
• Ensure that the buildings and park are secured at closing (i.e. all doors/windows locked and security system armed)
Employees are expected to perform these duties with minimal supervision
Hours of Employment:
• Hours of business are Sunday to Saturday, 9AM-9PM. These times are subject to change depending on the needs of the facility. Full time shifts would be 8HR shifts roughly 7:00am-3:30PM, 5 days a week, Monday to Friday.
The description does not include Special Events or any unforeseen circumstances that may require extra attention and additional hours.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Have own transportation. Clean Driving History
• Ability to build and maintain good relationships with members.
• Capable of enforcing company policy and regulations.
• Strong work ethics.
• Must be customer focused.
• Previous experience will be an asset but is not necessary.
Wage will commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the operations of a unique, and exclusive park and facility with exceptional amenities. There is great opportunity for individual growth with someone wanting to help lead a team. After three months of employment we offer a fully funded benefit program.
If you meet or exceed the qualification requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume (including wage expectations) to:
4059 orchards drive SW, Edmonton AB
Application Deadline: September 25, 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: TBD based on experience